This post on the Friends of the Public Garden site was a valuable resource for my post about Women Sculptors on Commonwealth Avenue. It includes a video about the Boston Women’s Memorial that does not come through on my own blog site.
We asked Sarah Hutt, our Collection Care Manager at the Friends to give us a list of sculptures in the parks we support (the Boston Common, Public Garden, and Commonwealth Avenue Mall) that we might highlight in honor of Women’s History Month. Visit these sculptures by women and sculptures of women to celebrate the month. She also reminded us of this terrific video, Boston Women’s Memorial: A Story in Images from the Women’s Heritage Trail.
- Triton Babies Fountain (1922) by Anna Coleman Ladd
- Tadeusz Kosciuszko (1927) by Theo Alice Kitson
- Small Child Fountain (1929) by Mary E. Moore
- Boy and Bird Fountain (1934) by Bashka Paeff
- Bagheera Fountain (1986) by Lilly Saarinen
- Make Way for Ducklings (1987) by Nancy Schon
- Leif Eriksson (1887) by Ann Whitney
- Samuel Eliot Morisson (1982) by Penelope Jencks
- Domingo Faustino Sarmiento (1973) by Ivette Compagnion
- Women’s Memorial /Abigail…
View original post 53 more words